CV Products will be represented at five auto race venues this weekend and next week, each staffed by members of our knowledgeable sales and technical team and each offering hundreds of items for both racers and fans. For race crews, our big rigs carry equipment to replace or repair almost any circumstance. And for race fans, CV Trackside offers our own branded clothing, as well as umbrellas, ponchos and even sunscreen — all available for purchase.
Below is a listing of events that we will be attending, beginning today.
53rd annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals (presented by Super Start Batteries)
Touted as one of drag racing’s longest-running traditions, this event has been held every year for more than a half century, drawing huge crowds to witness new race cars, their drivers, teams and sponsors at the season opener. It’s the first leg in a long pursuit for a spot in the Countdown to the Championship at the Auto Club Raceway at Pomona.
- When: Today through Sunday, Feb. 17
- Racetrack: Auto Club Raceway at Pomona
- Location: Pomona, California
- Note: We will have sales staff attending this event without a trailer
- For more info, visit the 53rd annual O’Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Winternationals online:
37th Annual DART Winternationals
Rain has put a damper on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, but Thursday night’s events have been rescheduled for Saturday, making it a double header. Grandstands will open at 11 a.m. Saturday with a full show planned — that includes Red Buck time trials, heat races, B-Mains, the PRC Strawberry Dash and the 35-lap event. Saturday night’s scheduled event will run as planned with hot laps beginning at 6 p.m.
- When: Today and Saturday, Feb. 16
- Where: Tampa, Florida
- Event: Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Race at East Bay Raceway Park
- Note I: CV will be in town for all days of racing.
- Note II: CV’s trailer is located in the pits and available for people with pit passes only
- For more info, visit the 37th Annual DART Winternationals online
Lucas Oil 200 presented by MAVTV American Real at Daytona
The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards kicks off its 2013 season Saturday with the Lucas Oil 200 presented by MAVTV American Real. Practice for Saturday’s race was cut short on Thursday due to rain, but race officials say this first event will take place as scheduled on Saturday.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16
- Race Series: ARCA – Automotive Racing Club of America race series
- Location: Daytona International Speedway
- Sponsored: The Lucas Oil 200 is presented by MAVTV American Real
- Note: CV’s trailer will be located in the pits and available for people with pit passes only
- For more info, visit the Lucas Oil 200 online
The Sprint Unlimited at Daytona
Show up early for this event at the Daytona International Speedway and you’ll have the opportunity to meet or see some prominent racetrack notables, beginning at 2 p.m. with an appearance by Miss Sprint Cup at The Spring FANZONE area. Then at 5:30 p.m., NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick will be in the Budweiser 1876 hospitality area. And at 6 p.m., Dale Earnhardt Jr., the most famous driver in NASCAR for the better part of a decade, is scheduled to appear at the Spring FANZONE main stage.
- When: Saturday, Feb. 16
- Time: The race starts at 8:10 p.m.
- Where: Daytona International Speedway
- Note: CV’s trailer is in the pits and available for people with pit passes only
- For more info, visit The Sprint Unlimited at Daytona, where you can add your voice in deciding race format, starting lineup, and more.
UNOH Battle at the Beach
The University of Northwestern Ohio racing program is now fully involved with Daytona 500 festivities, beginning next Monday and Tuesday as title sponsor of the inaugural UNOH Battle at the Beach. This two-day event precedes the Daytona 500 later in the month and will include a total of 260 competitors in three different events — the Whelen Modified Tours, the Whelen All-American Series and the K&N Pro Series. This is the first-ever event pitting championship drivers across different racing series against each other for bragging rights.
- When: Monday, Feb. 18 and Tuesday, Feb 19
- Race Track: Daytona International Speedway
- For more info, visit the UNOH Battle at the Beach online